Sterilization is a very important part of any dental practice. At Rochester Advanced Dentistry, our Rochester family dentists hold to the highest standards of sterilization procedures to protect the health and safety of our patients and our staff.
Your Safety is Our Priority
Whether you are visiting our Rochester dentistry offices for snoring treatment or solutions for tooth decay, you deserve a safe treatment environment. We believe in building a relationship of trust with our patients, and part of that trust is knowing that we have properly sterilized all of our equipment. A visit to your family dentist should not pose the danger of contracting serious diseases, like HIV and hepatitis.
The American Dental Association (ADA) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) have developed special recommendations for sterilization at dental offices. We follow all of the ADA and CDC recommendations and requirements for sterilization to ensure that your health is not jeopardized by infection in our office. These standards include:
- Cleaning and decontaminating all surfaces in the exam room before each patient enters.
- Non-disposable items, such as tools and handpieces, are cleaned and sterilized between each patient.
- Protective garb, such as gloves, masks, gowns, and eye protection are worn at appropriate times and discarded afterward.
- Every member of our dental team washes their hands thoroughly before seeing the next patient.
Our Commitment to You
As your Rochester family dentist, we are committed to providing you with quality dental treatment that surpasses your expectations. This includes maintaining the sterilization of our offices for your health and safety. Our team strives to ensure our procedures are as effective as they can be:
- We perform monthly testing on all of our equipment.
- We use a third party spore test lab rather than testing in-house.
- We follow the ADA and CDC guidelines.
Your safety is our priority. By following the recommended guidelines and continually testing our equipment, we know that we are providing you a safe environment for your dental care.