Laser gum treatment may be used:
- As a cosmetic treatment to improve a gummy smile
- To treat gum disease
- To heal deep gum pockets
- To combat bleeding or sore gums
- To combat tooth loss or damage due to gum disease
- The treatment area is anesthetized
- A periodontal probe is used to determine pocket depth
- The laser contained in a fiber optic cable is directed at the treatment area
- Laser radiation removes diseased tissue by vaporizing it in tiny pieces
- Root roughness is evaluated and the root surface is cleaned with ultrasonic scalers and instruments
- The deep pocket is sterilized and the healing process is jump started
By using this advanced method of gum disease treatment, we are able to save teeth that may have otherwise been lost.
The laser removes bacteria from gum pockets and encourages the natural healing process. Gum pockets are now clean and healthy, and tooth stability is increased.
Benefits of laser gum treatment
Laser gum surgery is a conservative choice, meaning that it does little to disturb your existing dental status.
- It stops bacterial activity instantly by killing the bacteria
- It does not cut any gum tissue
- There is little or no bleeding
- There is no need for stitches because the laser seals gum tissue as it treats it
- There is little chance of infection, since gum tissue is sealed and bacteria are killed
- Tooth roots are not exposed, with the increased sensitivity that might cause
- Healthy gum tissue is preserved
The laser process is much safer and more comfortable compared to the previous gum surgery methods and is quite affordable.
Laser gum therapy can also be used as a cosmetic procedure. If you are self-conscious about an excessively-gummy smile, we can use laser therapy to reshape the gums for a more pleasing appearance.Frequently Asked Laser Treatment Questions
Find out more about the amazing benefits of laser gum surgery in Rochester, Rochester Hills, Troy, and Oakland, Macomb and Shelby Township. Call (248) 656-2020 or email Rochester Advanced Dentistry in Rochester, MI today for a personal dental makeover consultation.