Did you know?
- It is recommended that people see their dentist at least twice a year, but for many people visiting a physician if recommended less then once a year
- The average dental appointment lasts an hour while the average medical doctor appointment lasts 10 minutes
- It is estimated that 20 million Americans who see their dentist every year do Not see their medical doctor
What signs or symptoms can a dentist detect that may suggest an overall health problem?
- Bleeding gums– in some cases bleeding gum tissue can be a warning sign of a blood disorder, high blood preasure or numerous other medical conditions including heart problems
- Bad breath– some times a warning sign of infection or GERD
- Coating on the tongue- some times a sign of vitamin deficiency
- Bone loss around teeth can be a sign that other systemic issues are present
- Narrow airway– more likely to suffer from sleep apnea
Talk to your medical or dental professional if you suffer from any of the above listed symptoms
Rochester Advanced Denitstry 248.656.2020